|The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon|
- Samantha Shannon, only 21, wrote the book when she was a student at Oxford University
- The dude who played Gollum in Lord of the Rings, Andy Serkis, owns the film rights for the book
- Shannon plans to write 6 more books in the series which leads many critics to call her the next J.K. Rowling
- “The Bone Season” was selected as The Today Show’s first Book Club book
- Shannon does not consider her book “literary”
- The book is set in 2059 in an authoritarian ruled London where clairvoyants are outlaws. The main character in the book, Paige Mahoney, just happens to be a “voyant” (slang for clairvoyant) and one of the rarest kinds, a Dream Walker.
- The reviews of the promise and worth of this book are way mixed